Have you always wanted to try your hand at making your own milk tea? It’s a lot easier than you may think! Milk tea is the basis of the popular bubble tea that we all know and love; the original darling. It’s also incredibly versatile, allowing you to make a milk tea that’s actually your cup of tea.
This recipe can be applied to, but not limited to, the following teas:
- Original Assam Milk Tea
- Jasmine Milk Tea
- Earl Grey Milk Tea
- Hojicha Milk Tea
- Roasted Oolong Milk Tea
Milk tea can also be lactose free if that’s something you’ve been concerned about. The funny thing about milk tea is that there isn’t milk! You just need a creamer and Retea’s got you covered with the perfect, powdered, lactose-free creamer.
- 1.5 tbsp of chosen tea leaves
- 250ml of hot water
- 2 tbsps of creamer powder OR 100ml liquid creamer
- 2 tbsps sweetener if choice
- Ice as necessary
- Topping of choice --> instructions provided on its packaging
- Pour hot water into your serving cup (up to the bottom of the Retea logo).
- Steep tea for 10 mins (+/- 5 mins for a stronger or milder flavour).
- Add sweetener and creamer into the hot tea, mix until dissolved.
- Add ice and shake/stir until the tea is cooled (up to the top of the Retea logo).
- Top off with more ice and toppings to serve!
That’s all there is to it! It’s so easy to make the most basic and fundamental drink on the bubble tea menu. If you want maximum convenience and the authentic, creaminess that milk tea comes with, Retea has just the kits for you. Check out our store today!